Sunday, April 26, 2015

Diagnosis

Today we are going to talk about the diagnosis of cervical cancer. I have found that the American Cancer Society is a great resource for information on cervical cancer, so I will be referring to it in this post.

The first step in diagnosing cervical cancer is usually an abnormal Pap test result. A gynecologist usually performs this minimally invasive procedure, which includes scraping cells from the cervix to analyze. The procedure may be a little uncomfortable, but should not cause a lot of pain.

Cervical cancer may also be detected if a woman is having symptoms including abnormal vaginal bleeding or pain during intercourse.

Abnormal Pap test results do not always indicate cancer.

However...if you do have abnormal results, further testing needs to occur. The next step would be to have a test called a colposcopy.

A colposcopy is an exam performed by a provider to examine the cervix. Your provider will uses a colposcope, which has magnifying lenses, to see the cervix closely and clearly. A weak solution of acetic acid will be applied to make an abnormal areas easier to see. If an abnormal area is seen on the cervix, your provider will biopsy (take a small piece of tissue) from the area. This biopsy may cause some cramping, bleeding and minimal pain which are all normal side effects.

If cancerous cells are detected, your provider will order more tests to determine if the cancer has spread. Other screening tests include...

  • Pelvic Exam
  • Chest X-Ray 
  • Computed Tomogrpahy (CT scan) 
  • MRI
All of these additional screening tests are precautions to determine if the cervical cancer has metastasized (spread to other organs or areas of the body). Pelvic exams are useful to determine if spread has occurred isolated to the cervix. Chest X-rays are useful to examine any lesions in the lungs. CT scans can help the provider detect any spread to lymph nodes in the abdomen and pelvis. MRI images are particularly useful to examine the pevlvis for tumors and can also detect cancer that has spread to the brain or spinal cord. 

Early detection is essential to prevent pre-cancer from turning into cancer, so it is crucial to follow the current Pap tests guidelines. 


Works:
http://www.cancer.org/cancer/cervicalcancer/detailedguide/cervical-cancer-diagnosis

2 comments:

  1. I have being on blog Sites for a while now and today I felt like I should share my story because I was a victim too. I had HIV for 6 years and i never thought I would ever get a cure I had and this made it impossible for me to get married to the man I was supposed to get married to even after 2 years of relationship he broke up with me when he finds out I was HIV positive. So I got to know about Dr. Itua on Blog Site who treated someone and the person shared a story of how she got a cured and let her contact details, I contacted Dr. Itua and he actually confirmed it and I decided to give a try too and use his herbal medicine that was how my burden ended completely. My son will be 2 soon and I am grateful to God and thankful to his medicine too.Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Disease…Alzheimer’s disease,Bechet’s disease,Crohn’s disease,Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Lung Cancer,Breast Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Blood Cancer,Prostate Cancer,siva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic small-round-cell tumor Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Seizures,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Hiv_ Aids,Herpe ,Copd,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia.Lupus.
    ,Cushing’s disease,Heart failure,Multiple Sclerosis,Hypertension,Colo_Rectal Cancer,Lyme Disease,Blood Cancer,Brain Cancer,Breast Cancer,Lung Cancer,Kidney Cancer, HIV, Herpes,Hepatitis B, Liver Inflammatory,Diabetes,Fibroid, Get Your Ex Back, If you have (A just reach him on drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or Whatsapp Number.+2348149277967)He can also advise you on how to handle some marital's issues. He's a good man. 

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete