Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Cervical Cancer Epidemiology

Facts at a Glance:
  • Nearly 500,000 women are diagnosed with invasive cervical cancer every year.
  • 275,000 women die every year of cervical cancer.
  • 80% to 85% of deaths occur in developing countries.
  • The highest incidence and mortality rates are in sub-Saharan Africa, Latin America, and South/Southeast Asia
  • Most cervical cancer in developing countries occurs in women who take care of children, provide income for families, and work in their communities.
  • Safe and effective vaccines have been developed against the HPV types responsible for most of the cancers.
  • These vaccines are now available for girls and young women; HPV vaccine has also been approved for boys in some countries
  • Screening adult women for cancer or precancer continues to be a vital strategy.

Incidence:
Incidence is the amount of new cases that develop each year. Cervical cancer represents nearly 10% of all new cancers in women yearly. It is ranked third among women in frequency (after breast and colorectal cancer). Each year, nearly 500,000 new cases of cervical cancer are diagnosed world wide. The world health organization (WHO) reports that the highest risk areas for cervical cancer are in Central and South America, southern and eastern Africa and the Caribbean.
 
Mortality:
The mortality of a disease is the amount of people who have the disease that die from it. Africa has a disproportionately high mortality, North America has a disproportionately low mortality and Canada has the lowest mortality among all the regions. This is most likely due to the medical care and screening available in developing countries compared to developed ones.
 
Incidence and mortality have declined in North America during the last 50 years because of increased availability pap smear screening programs.
 
Risk Factors:
  • Cervical cancer risk is strongly influenced by the number of sexual partners a woman may have, the age when she first had sexual intercourse and the sexual behavior of the woman's partners
  • Smoking has been shown to increase a woman's risk of cervical cancer
  • There is a risk of cervical cancer associated with long term use of oral contraceptives (12 yrs+)
  • Diets rich in vitamin C, beta carotene and Vitamin A may reduce the risk of cervical cancer
HPV & Cervical Cancer:
HPV infection are the most common STD, and most all cervical cancers derive from the virus. HPV is the central factor for cervical cancer. Women who test positive for HPV will continue their screenings to ensure early detection of the disease if it should progress to such. Continued screenings and use of HPV vaccines may decrease cervical cancer incidence over time.
 
Treatment:
Cervical cancer treatment ranges from observation (where treatment is delayed to watch if the disease progresses) to excisional therapies (surgical removal of the cancer including hysterectomies). Radiation and chemotherapy have also proven effective in the treatment of cervical cancer.
 
Works:
Franco, E. L., Duarte-Franco, E., & Ferenczy, A. (2001). Cervical cancer: epidemiology, prevention and the role of human papillomavirus infection. CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal, 164(7), 1017–1025.
 

5 comments:

  1. I was diagnosed of Herpes 2years ago and I have tried all possible means to get the cure but all to no avail, until i saw a post in a health forum about a Herbal Doctor(Dr imoloa who prepares herbal medicine to cure all kind of diseases including Herpes, at first i doubted, if it was real but decided to give him a trial, when i contacted Dr imoloa through his Email: drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com he guided me and prepared a herbal medicine and sent it to me via courier Delivery service,when i received the package (herbal medicine) He gave me instructions on how to consume it, i started using it as instructed and i stop getting outbreaks and the sores started vanishing, could you believe i was cured of this deadly virus within two to three weeks and notices changes in my body. Days of using this REMEDY,couldn't believe the healing at first until i see it as my HERPES get cleared like magic Dr imoloa also use his herbal medicine to cure diseases like, HIV/aids, lupus disease, dry cough, fever, malaria, bronchitis disease, cystic fibrosis, Lyme disease, acute myeloid leukaemia, alzheimer's disease, blood poisoning, measles, cervical cancer, kidney cancer, chronic kidney disease, diarrhoea, epilepsy, joint pain, mouth ulcer,bowel cancer, discoid eczema, eye cancer, food poisoning, fibroid, hairy cell leukaemia, mouth cancer, skin disease, lung cancer, rheumatoid lung disease, liver disease, penile cancer, parkinson disease, arthritis, breast cancer, bone cancer hepatitis A.B.C, Diabetes, fatigue, muscle aches, anal cancer, asthma, Contact this great herbal Doctor today the father of herbalism. via Email: drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com or whatssapp him +2347081986098. and get cured permanently He is real..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very much delighted. To everyone reading this,i want to inform the public on how i got cured from stage 2 ovarian cancer by Dr Itua Herbal Medicines. i have been suffering from ovarian cancer, and i have also taken treatment from my doctor but no way out,few weeks back i came on the internet to see if i will be able to get any information as to curing Cancers, on my search i saw various testimony of people who was healed from Uterine Cancers and Brain Tumors by the good doctor, called Dr Itua. without any hesitation, i contacted his email: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com and i wrote him and and he guided me,i asked him for solutions and he started the remedies for me so i started using the medicine, after the period of three weeks given to me by Dr Itua i was completely cured nomore tumors on my body was found anymore. So dear viewer why living your life in therapist or chemo?contact him now on WhatsApp +2348149277967 he is able to cure the listed diseases:Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Brain Tumor,Fibromyalgia,Pancreative Cancer,Fluoroquinolone ToxicityBladder cancer,Brain cancer,Hiv,Herpes,Esophageal cancer,Kidney cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,Hodgkin lymphoma,Thyroid Cancer,Uterine cancer,Fibroid,Angiopathy, Ataxia,
    Intestinal cancer,Hpv,Lung cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Multiple myeloma,Neuroendocrine tumors
    Non-Hodgkin lymphoma,Oral cancer,Ovarian cancer,Sinus cancer,Hepatitis,Skin cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer,Leukemia,Liver cancer,Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer,Alzheimer's disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Copd,Parkinson,Als,Adrenocortical carcinoma  Infectious mononucleosis.
    Testicular cancer,Tach Diseases,Throat cancer,
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Herpes is a serious and recurring disease which can't be cured through drugs or injections by an American doctors but the best way to cure Herpes virus is by taking natural herbal mixed medicine for permanent treatment.I'm here to appreciate Dr James for using his herbal medicine to cure my herpes virus. Is about 3 years and 6 months now I have been living with this virus inside of me and it have really really been a serious problem to me, I was so confused because I have been taking several drugs and injections to be cured but all of my effort was in vain, one morning I was browsing the internet then I saw several testimonies about Dr James herbal mix medicine, curing people from herpes virus / HIV AIDS and Immediately I contacted Dr James on his email: drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com. I told him about my problems and he tells me that I must be cured. He gave me instructions which I rightly followed, so he prepared his herbal mixed medicine and sent it to me through UPS SPEED POST, which I used (MORNING AND EVENING) for 2 weeks and I was cured. everything was like a dream to me and my herpes virus was permanently cured. Dr James thank you, if out here suffering from herpes virus or any KIND OF diseases LIKE... HIV/AIDS, DIABETES, CANCER,RECTUM EFFECTS, BOWEL OBSTRUCTION, HERPES, HEPATITIS A&B, CARDIAC DISEASES, CHRONIC DISEASES, YELLOW FEVER, EPILEPSY, LUPUS, STROKE, SPINAL CORD, ECZEMA, KIDNEY DISEASES, ACME, BACK PAIN, DENGUE SCHIZOPHRENIA, APOLLO,MULTIPLES SCLEROSIS, HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE, VAGINAL DISCHARGING, ARTHRITIS, MENINGITIS itchy' contact.Doctor James and be free from your diseases because I am a living testimony, Dr James, is honest herbalist doctor, he is also known as the Great herbal cure master for herbal root. Contact him now via his email: (drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com) (whatsapp or call him on +2348152855846

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dr Itua cures my HIV, I have been an ARV Consumption for 10 years. I have been in pain until I came across Dr Itua on a blog site. I emailed him about my details of my HIV and my location I explained everything to him and he told me that there is nothing to be scared of that he will cure me, he gave me guarantee, He asks me to pay for items fees so when I'm cured I will show gratitude I did and giving testimony of his healing herbs is what I'm going to do for the rest of you out there having HIV and other disease can see the good work of Dr Itua. I received his herbal medicine through EMS Courier service who delivered to my post office within 5 working days. Dr Itua is an honest man and I appreciate him for his good work. My GrandMa called him to appreciate him and the rest of my friends did too, Is a joy to me that I'm free of taking Pills and having that fat belle is a nightmare.you will understand what I'm talking about if you have the same problem I was having then not now though. I'm free and healthy Big Thanks To Dr Itua Herbal Center. I have his calendar too that he recently sent me, He Cures all kind disease Like, Cancer,Weak Erection, Wart Remover,Hpv, Herpes,Alzheimer’s disease,Bechet’s disease,Crohn’s disease,Cushing’s disease, Heart failure, Multiple Sclerosis, Hypertension,Fibromyalgia,Hiv, Hepatitis B, Liver/Kidney Inflammatory, Epilepsy,Blood Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Colo-Rectal Cancer, Brain Cancer, Lung Cancer, Infertility,Parkinson's disease, Lung Cancer, Breast Cancer, Colo-Rectal Cancer, Blood Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Epilepsy disease, small-round-cell tumor Diabetes,Celiac disease, Ataxia, Arthritis, measles, tetanus, whooping cough, tuberculosis, polio, Seizures,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma, Asthma, Allergic diseases.Hiv/Aids,Herpe ,Copd, Glaucoma, Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease, Enlarged prostate, Alzheimer's disease, Dementia. Fibroid,Diabetes,Dercum,Copd ,and also Bring back Ex Lover Back. Here his Contact .drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or Whats_app Number +2348149277967

    ReplyDelete
  5. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete