Monday, April 13, 2015

Cervical Cancer Etiology

Like we discussed in the previous posts, cervical cancer begins when healthy cells undergo a change (mutation) that causes the healthy cells to become abnormal, cancerous cells. Cancerous cells grow out of control and don't die. These cells can also invade nearby tissues and spread to other areas, which is called metastasis.


It's not clear what exactly causes cervical cancer, but what we do know is that the human papilloma virus (HPV) plays a role. HPV is a very common sexually transmitted disease. As I stressed in previous blog posts, having HPV does not guarantee that that it will turn into cancer. However, HPV does increase one's cervical cancer risk.



Risk Factors for Cervical Cancer:
  • Many sexual partners
  • Early sexual activity
  • STIs
  • A weakened immune system
  • Smoking

Works:
http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/cervical-cancer/

1 comment:

  1. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete